2007 Western Conference Preview
This season the Western Conference is as wide open as ever. Three teams can be considered for the number one seed in the conference. With as twelve teams fighting for eight playoff spots.
Here is my order of finish:
1. Phoenix Suns – The pieces are in place for a Championship run, Shawn Marion trade be damned.
2. San Antonio Spurs – Just when you think they’re too old or too slow, they go out and win another title.
3. Dallas Mavericks – They’re still too soft on the inside, until they prove otherwise they’re stuck at #3.
4. Houston Rockets – Will fight it out with the Nuggets for the #4 spot, I’ll go with the deeper, more defensive team here.
5. Denver Nuggets – If they played defense like they run, they’d be higher.
6. Utah Jazz – Deron Williams is a stud. If AK-47 stops whining and play, they can build on last year’s success.
7. New Orleans Hornets – With Peja Stojakovic healthy again, Chris Paul will average double-digit assists. David West and Tyson Chandler are hell on the glass.
8. Golden State Warriors – They won’t sneak up on anyone this season – but they will win a four team slug fest for the #8 spot.
9. Memphis Grizzlies – Pau Gasol comes back with a vengeance, Kyle Lowry will be this year’s Deron Williams.
10. Los Angeles Clippers – Losing Elton Brand will hurt their playoff chances. Al Thornton is a first round steal.
11. Los Angeles Lakers – The drama is just beginning.
12. Sacramento Kings – It only a matter of when Ron Artest and/or Mike Bibby will be traded.
13. Seattle Supersonics – Too bad they only get to see Kevin Durant for one season.
14. Portland Trailblazers – The only club with something to look forward to next season
15. Minnesota Timberwolves – The post K.G. Wolves era begins with a whimper.